All the swimming pools in the City are closed during the adjusted alert level 4 which were announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa on the 27 june 2021.
The City’s swimming pools are still closed until further notice as they have been closed for a bit long time before due to the fact that swimming season will commence in September until March. The 01st September every year ushers in the start of the swimming season in the City and all the swimming pools will be open for the public during that time depending on covid 19 situation. ‘’The Community will be updated towards the commencement of the swimming season with regard to any changes regarding the opening or non-opening of the City’s swimming pools’’ said Divisional Head, Matshidiso Motlhbane.
The community’s safety is very important to the City therefore parents and caregivers are encouraged to make sure that when swimming season commences and swimming pools are opened children are safe at all times while using the City’s swimming pool facilities. The swimming pools facility in the City are divided into three different categories which are:
- Category A – These boast indoor heated swimming pools and it is an arena for competitive swimming competitions
- Category B – These are mainly outdoor swimming pools with grand stand
- Category C – They are standard swimming pools with basic with basic amenities.
Entrance fees in our swimming pools facilities are different as per their category which are: as follows
- Category A – R15 per person
- Category B – R10 per person
- Category C – R5 per person