The construction of the second phase of the Germiston Fire Station Housing project is near completion.
Set to change the face of urban housing in Germiston CBD, the R92 million project is in its final stages and set to be finished end November.
It is made up of 197 rental units to provide accommodation to low and middle income households, earning between R3 500 and R15 000.
Project Deliverables – Housing Unit and Social Amenities
The phase two consists of 197 units, nine of which are commercial units, plus a multipurpose facility that includes a crèche.
Letting of units:
The following criteria is used to qualify tenants for occupation:
New Tenant Applications
The following criteria are used to qualify for occupation:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be permanently employed
- Married or single with dependents
- Applicants must have a combined monthly income of between R3 500 - R15 000
- Must not have owned any property or benefited from any government housing subsidy
- Must be employed for at least six months with the same employer
Documents Required on Application
The following documents are required on application:
- Request for proof of current residential address
- Latest payslip
- Three months’ bank statement in respect of permanent employees
- Six months’ bank statement in terms of self-employed applicants
- Business registration document
- Confirmation letter from employer
- Marriage certificate
- Certified divorce decree
- Birth certificate of child (certified copy)
- Death certificate (in case of widow)
- Pension card/slip i.e., retired government employees should submit proof of payment slip by the government department.
- Valid South African Identity Document (certified copy)
- Letter from school if dependents are above 21 years
- Affidavit (relevant to applications)
An application form must be completed if the qualifying criteria and the documents required are submitted. Forms can be downloaded from
Download the EHC new tenant forms, print, fill in and submit with required documents to the Ekurhuleni Housing Company at Hanover Building Block A, Cnr Hendrick Potgieter & 7th Ave, Edenvale. For more information: