Competition Time: Design Our 20 Year Logo
On 5 December, the City of Ekurhuleni turns 20 years old, no mean feat considering the City was formed by the amalgamation of 11 former local municipalities that dotted across what was then the East Rand. This new metropolitan municipality was one of the four largest across the country at the time.
To kick start the campaign on two decades of service delivery, the City is also running a competition to design a 20 year logo for the City of Ekurhuleni.
The competition is open to all Ekurhuleni residents and the winning design will be used throughout 2021 which will go a long way to create awareness of the two decades of service delivery.
It’s easy to enter, just design your proposed logo, that the City can use that represents the 20 years of its existence, and enter the competition.
The winning logo and designer of the winning design will be announced by the Executive Mayor, at a time to be determined. Judging the entries will be representatives from the offices of the Executive Mayor and City Manager, as well as departments of Legal and Corporate Services, Communications and Brand Management and Heritage (within Sport, Heritage, Recreation, Arts and Culture Department).
The winning design will become the property of the City of Ekurhuleni, and the judges’ decision is final.
Ensure you include your name, contact details and proof of residence when emailing you design through.
The winning designer will receive a corporate goodie pack. Terms and conditions do apply.
READY, SET … GO!
Terms and Condition:
- The competition is open to all Ekurhuleni residents.
- No employees of the City of Ekurhuleni may enter.
- Proof of residence must be submitted with application form.
- The winning logo design becomes the property of the City of Ekurhuleni.
- Competition closes on 30 November 2020.
- Entries to be emailed through to
- Entries will be judged by a panel made up of the City Manager's office, Executive Mayor's office and departments of Legal and Corporate, Sport, Heritage, Recreation, Arts and Culture and Communications and Brand Management of the City of Ekurhuleni.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with any of the entrants.
- The winner will be announced on a date to be confirmed.
- The winning logo will be used throughout 2021.